When one thinks of improving one’s health, it likely begins with an awareness of one’s excess weight and the necessity to make lifestyle changes. “I need to go on a diet!” “I need to exercise more!” Lifestyle changes and greater health are not impossible nor complicated; the answers are simple. Good nutrition and regular exercise are your ally, NOT your enemy in achieving greater health and a higher quality of life and longevity.
There IS strength in numbers! Very few people have the expertise or the discipline to go it alone. MANY of us have a lot of questions about lifestyle change, thus we need support and guidance in weight loss in order to get back on track, and regain control of weight. Do not hesitate to consult a qualified health care provider who can assist you in your lifestyle goals. At Lotus, we have:
- A highly trained nutritional doctor that can create easy and varied programs with guaranteed results custom made for you
- Specialized and personalized weight loss programs that are healthy without any negative side effects
- Provide healthy, supportive nutritional products and weight loss supplements
- The support and guidance you need to get back into shape, and be the person you want to be
Health hazards associated with obesity:
- Excess weight taxes your heart and skeletal system. An increase in weight causes greater wear and tear, thus degenerative changes on weight-bearing joints–such as hips, knees, ankles. This gives rise to serious physical changes over time. There is a direct corelation between obesity and an increased risk of cardiovascular disease, such as high blood pressure and respiratory problems. In addition, inflammation, arthritis, gallstones , and some forms of cancer are all associated with obesity.
- Being overweight increases your risk for complications during surgery. Many surgeons will not operate on a patient that is obese as they know it is risky.
- Being overweight naturally means lethargy and fatigue. This creates a vicious circle: obesity means fatigue…too tired to exercise….and lack of exercise equals low energy and more obesity. What is the morbid result of this vicious circle? Increased health risks, long-term degenertive changes that are often irreversible, and just a general feeling of depression. ASK yourself: Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired? JUST 30 minutes of physical activity per day and only a 10% decrease in weight can significantly improve your physical and mental health.